By Benji
Shane wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:52:51 pm
Jonathan LaPaglia wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:49:58 pm Rohan, is it too late in the game to make a move on threats?
May I interject? What's in a threat, really. Would a goat by any other name still be viewed so weak? These are buzzwords that have been hurled around, even to contrary measures ALL game. What is really in these names. Nothing, they're just convenient weapons, especially when they come out so quickly.
either you view someone as a threat to you winning, so you vote them out, or you view someone as not a threat and assume everyone will want to take them to the end instead of you, another threat. To count anyone out as not a threat is simple-minded, especially when everyone left has been as active as they are.
Brooke, Rohan liked this

Benji

• Warungu Tribe

Warungu Tribe
  • Awards: Posts
By Jonathan LaPaglia
Posts Custom Custom
Zach wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:53:55 pm Someone once said in a wanky jury speech in Samoa. Perception is not reality, reality is reality
Well the jury can only see what they see. What's obvious. Unless you're really good at explaining yourself in the finals which as we know is a tossup at best.
Brooke, Monika liked this

Jonathan LaPaglia

• Host
  • Awards: Posts Custom Custom
By Monika
Jonathan LaPaglia wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:55:37 pm Rohan, if someone is viewed as a big threat, and the players in the game enable those players to make it to the end... isn't that poor gameplay?
Indeed it is Jono, indeed it is :hug:
Brooke liked this

Monika

• Jury
By Moana
In my mind I have burned upwards of half the jury and even with horrible jury management I'm still viewed as the biggest player left. I can't win for shit and I have no idols. I am not the ideal boot for anyone except Monika/

Moana

• Jury
By Monika
Moana wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:56:29 pm In my mind I have burned upwards of half the jury and even with horrible jury management I'm still viewed as the biggest player left. I can't win for shit and I have no idols. I am not the ideal boot for anyone except Monika/
Hmmmm idk about that one sis

Monika

• Jury
By Zach
Jonathan LaPaglia wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:54:57 pm
Zach wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:53:55 pm Someone once said in a wanky jury speech in Samoa. Perception is not reality, reality is reality
Well the jury can only see what they see. What's obvious. Unless you're really good at explaining yourself in the finals which as we know is a tossup at best.
That is true. But there will always be a monster that needs to go. If it's Mo tonight, it's someone else tomorrow.

Fact is this is F7, not F2. What everyone thinks is going to happen is irrelevant, it's all about what will happen.

I'm done with the riddles but I know shit.
Brooke liked this

Zach

• Jury
By Rohan
Jonathan LaPaglia wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:55:37 pm Rohan, if someone is viewed as a big threat, and the players in the game enable those players to make it to the end... isn't that poor gameplay?
One of the greats....Boston Rob, Sandra, Hatch, or Rohan McLaren once said you can only win one of two ways in Survivor:

1. Being the most mediocre person out there such that you don't get picked off for being weak in the premerge
2. Convincing someone to vote against their own best interest

If you're doing that, and having read the above...I've got some bad news.

Rohan

• Warungu Tribe

Warungu Tribe
By Monika
Y'all gotta wake up. Voting me out is taking out a player that is literally open to ANYTHING. If you really think that keeping Moana over me is a good move for your game, then by all means do it. I'm just letting you know that if you do keep her, your judgments are going to look very questionable to when the 2 or 3 of you that are with Moana are presented in front of the jury
Andy liked this

Monika

• Jury
By Lee
There's also still a lot of game left to be played and a lot of people still left to make up the jury, so I think anyone can make a case for themselves heading into the home stretch.
Brooke, Benji liked this

Lee

• Jury
By Zach
Jonathan LaPaglia wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:57:18 pm Zach is this about who has pissed off more jurors vs. who has won more of them over?
Not in my eyes, not tonight. Everyone has their own reasons for voting the way they are tonight.

You've gotta go about things logically and remember what stage of the game this is.
Rohan liked this

Zach

• Jury
By Monika
Monika wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:59:19 pm Y'all gotta wake up. Voting me out is taking out a player that is literally open to ANYTHING. If you really think that keeping Moana over me is a good move for your game, then by all means do it. I'm just letting you know that if you do keep her, your judgments are going to look very questionable to when the 2 or 3 of you that are with Moana are presented in front of the jury
Correction 1 or 2 of you, but you get the point

Monika

• Jury
By Rohan
Monika wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:59:46 pm
Monika wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:59:19 pm Y'all gotta wake up. Voting me out is taking out a player that is literally open to ANYTHING. If you really think that keeping Moana over me is a good move for your game, then by all means do it. I'm just letting you know that if you do keep her, your judgments are going to look very questionable to when the 2 or 3 of you that are with Moana are presented in front of the jury
Do you actually think you're going to get someone to switch their vote at tribal?

Rohan

• Warungu Tribe

Warungu Tribe
By Benji
At the end of the day I think all of us left are a threat in some way. I think any one of us could win against any combination of us depending upon how the jury is feeling, how forgiving they are etc. All we can control is our game moving forward.

Benji

• Warungu Tribe

Warungu Tribe
By Monika
Rohan wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:01:01 pm
Monika wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:59:46 pm
Do you actually think you're going to get someone to switch their vote at tribal?
If you think you're gonna win, spoiler alert you aren't :hattip:
Brooke liked this

Monika

• Jury