By Jonathan LaPaglia
Custom Posts Custom
Welcome... back! I should say to you.

How are you feeling about the new series? You are a part of the first season in a new concept. Along with that, you get a clean slate with a new rep. How are you planning on playing this season differently from your previous? What do you make of everything based on first impressions?

Jonathan LaPaglia

• Host
  • Awards: Custom Posts Custom
By Benji
first of all: AAAAHKAHKAH FUKCCKC PEOPLE HAVE BEEN ON SINCE YESTERDAY??!??!?
I'm way behind and now I have to talk to like 6 people at once, I didn't realize the tribes would be so big
Is everyone a returning player?

Benji

• Warungu Tribe

Warungu Tribe
  • Awards: Posts
By Benji
I need to take notes, there's too many people. I have a pseudo-date in an hour, but i need to socialiiize

Benji

• Warungu Tribe

Warungu Tribe
By Benji
Okay, so here're my preliminary thoughts:

Pia - she was the first one to chat with me and she seems very ready to play the game. She definitely seems like she wants to start talking strategy but doesn't want to be seen as the first person to be talking strategy. Could be a good ally. Definitely has played before.
Shonee - seems sweet, nervous, eager
Shane - funny, personable, very good at relating to people, or maybe it's just me. Hard to tell. He's good at taking what I say and running with it so as to make sure we talk about things and in a way that I'm into.
Conner - broski materiel. we're both from the Midwest so that can help, and he's been to my college town before so that's neat. probably a solid bond to be formed there.
Moana - young but clever. we talk in a lot of the same ways and she's done a good job at trying to get to know me in a short amount of time. Potential bond to be formed there.
Zach - apparently our avatars were broskis on survivor AU, who'd've thunk. Seems nice, but is also Australian so ew. seems like a big fan of the show so maybe i can convince him to continue the bromance online
Jacqui - another fan, super knowledgeable, i think we're relating pretty well.
Craig - I like craig, fun, good potential ally

Benji

• Warungu Tribe

Warungu Tribe
By Benji
I'm guessing that the idol clue was Ayers Rock, but someone already guessed it

Benji

• Warungu Tribe

Warungu Tribe
By Benji
No one's talking strategy with me which makes me incredibly fucking nervous. Are people just idiots? Is it too early?? No one wants to be the first one to talk strategy but if we lose the challenge we may not have long before the tribal, and I don't want to have to come up with a name in 45 minutes.

Either that or I'm still viewed as the easy first out for being last to arrive...
UGH

I think Moana, Pia, and Shonee have played before, maybe Shane too.

Benji

• Warungu Tribe

Warungu Tribe
By Benji
Pia and I have entered some sort of tentative alliance. She was the only one to mention some sort of gameplay yesterday so I want to work with someone who's playing at the same speed and level as I am and isn't just waiting for the last minute. The two names she threw out were Shonee and Moana, but I like Moana and think she might also make a good ally. She's very smart about what she says. I used they/them pronouns when talking about my date, and a lot of times people will inadvertently assume a binary gender, but Moana kept the pronouns when referring back to the person so it shows she pays attention to what she says.
I think Shonee has the idol. She offered to exchange notes which seems super weird so idk.
Everyone seems nice but that's it. Boring. No one's talking game and it's driving me crazy!! Hopefully the other tribe just loses tonight though bc I have another date and idk if I can be present at tribal...
Who can never know

Benji

• Warungu Tribe

Warungu Tribe
By Benji
Right after i mention to Pia that I haven't heard much from Phoebe, Phoebe decides to start messaging me.... interessante...

Benji

• Warungu Tribe

Warungu Tribe