By Jonathan LaPaglia
Custom Posts Custom
1. Were you surprised by who went for the Immunity?
2. What was the plan tonight had you gone to council?
3. When do you think a merge is coming and how has that impacted your strategy?
4. How does Conner's boot impact your game?

Jonathan LaPaglia

• Host
  • Awards: Custom Posts Custom
By Lee
I was actually very surprised by the immunity results, Moana especially almost got us sent to Tribal Council where she and I would have had to expose our hands as swing votes and ruin one of the alliances we're in. Moana was someone I considered my closest ally, and I guess I still do, but she's so reckless in her decision making and it's being shown time and time again. At some point it's going to get her into trouble and I'm just hoping that it doesn't blow up my game as well.

Had we gone to Tribal last night, I think Flick would have gone. AK, Rohan, Benji, Moana and I solidified an alliance of 5. I'm not thrilled about this. Moana is all over the place, Benji is completely unpredictable, and AK lies for almost no reason. Jacqui, Shane and Flick have been way more upfront with me, but the numbers have just turned against them. I tried feeling Jacqui out to see if she had an idol or knew if either of the others did, but she either doesn't know or wouldn't tell me so there's not much planning I can do with that. It's obviously not worth going to rocks over when I think I'm in a good position to make the merge, but it sucks and I don't want to have to show my hand. In an ideal world, we can win tonight's challenge and I get to keep this balancing act between the two alliances for at least one more round.

I think the merge is coming at the final 12. I haven't been playing to just make merge though, I've been playing to win and to consistently be in a good position this whole game and so the merge doesn't change my strategy for right now. I am a little concerned that people are starting to figure out how well-connected I am.

Losing Conner sucks :( I was hoping to link back up with Conner once the merge hit. He & Shonee were the two people I was closest to on the original Djaru, and now they're both gone, so that's two people I won't have at the merge. I do think I have other connections though - I have Moana & Benji for one, who I've been with this entire game. I'm mixed on my feelings towards Benji because on the one hand, he does seem to be somewhat loyal to Mo & I. Even if he lies about how he's voting, he hasn't voted for me and kept Moana's idol a secret as far as I know. I do sometimes think clipping him would be smart just so that we're not looked at as a threesome that needs to be split up, but then I also think as long as Benji is around, he'd be the one people would want to get rid of over Moana or I just because he sucks socially. Then I also have Shane, Jacqui and Flick... for now. After the JL vote, I've definitely established trust with them. Jacqui especially seems like someone who really wants to work with me. If we go to Tribal and I have to go against them, I'm already starting to think about the damage control I'll do with the other two. I don't want to completely lose these relationships, especially because they could also be my link to Peter if we do both make merge.

AK and Rohan I have less so. We're loosely allied in this fivesome over here, but I don't know how long we'll work together for, I don't feel especially close to either at the moment. Maybe voting together if we lose will change that?

Then I hopefully have Brooke & Fanella on the other side, who I'm hoping won't be too pissed that I had to vote for Jennah Louise. I think I can do damage control on that as well and just say things got complicated because Benji had an idol. with Zach and Phoebe - I at least don't think I have a bad relationship with them. Zach I didn't talk to much so that will be like starting new, but Phoebe was pretty upfront with me during the double and we talked about being on the bottom, so if she has flipped and is going for people at the top of the Djaru ranking, it at least shouldn't be me.

and then of course, if we do merge at 12, 2 of these people won't even be here once we do merge so I don't know how that will change things. So for the time being I'm just focusing on making sure that it won't be me, and at least for tonight I definitely don't think that my name is on the table. In fact I think I'm in the swing vote position... which, means I'll have to expose my hand I guess? but better to be ordering from the menu than to be on the menu or whatever that saying is!

Lee

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts
By Lee
Benji just told me he might be splitting his vote from
the four of us. If he votes Shane and the others vote Flick... I could get the girls to vote however I want them to and take out whoever I wanted.

Lee

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts