By Jonathan LaPaglia
Posts Custom Custom
Welcome... back! I should say to you.

How are you feeling about the new series? You are a part of the first season in a new concept. Along with that, you get a clean slate with a new rep. How are you planning on playing this season differently from your previous? What do you make of everything based on first impressions?

Jonathan LaPaglia

• Host
  • Awards: Posts Custom Custom
By Pia
Oh Johnnie I am getting right into this.
I will have a lot to say to catch you guys up but for now, I think the perfect start to my confessional is the fact that just by playing a female rep I am immediately being called sexy

Pia

• Loser
By Pia
Okay, challenge first and I will probably do my confessional tomorrow when I wake up since it's 5am rn

Pia

• Loser
By Pia
So many thoughts.
I'll have to properly braindump tomorrow, but this feels weirdly different than Stranded in Morocco.

I have already spoken to 9/11 tribemates, pun not intended. Everyone's so active.
Also, no one seems like a noob. Maybe I'm just paranoid.
But then Peter said he knows this is All-Stars, that heightened my paranoia.
I brought it up to Moana but she got confused, so I either looked sketch or brushed it off well. But idk mannn

Just some thoughts for now. Everyone's really cool, for now Peter & I are looking out for each other (initiated by him), and Shane & I are also a thing, initiated by me under the pretense of "us winners gotta stay together lol". But really, we should.

Pia

• Loser
By Pia
Goooood morning America!

I'm super excited for this, this is like a dream come true after playing Stranded before. I always wished I could return (and also didn't expect it to be so soon!), but not as an All-Star, rather play with a new rep.
The large cast is pretty insane... And it's also insane how uneven the tribes seem right now, lol. We only have 1 inactive in Benji, it seems, and the other tribe has 5 in Andy, Tarzan, Brooke, Luke, Monika.
I wish I lost some early ICs, tbh, I just want the fun things to begin quicker! :grin: But hey maybe I can try to make it to the merge without losing anything, that'd be quite something!

I can't say exactly how I plan to play differently, it's just going to happen. I have much more experience than I did the first time I played Stranded, and with experience comes knowledge. This is going to be a looong game, so I can't get ahead of myself too early. What I will think about more this time for sure, is surrounding myself with shields. Peacefully floating along is not in my dna, but I will try to play as UTR as possible, in the sense that I'll try and appear semi-clueless, happy-go-lucky, while secretly controlling shit behind the scenes. I will try to make sure my allies get targeted before myself.
Another interesting thing is playing with a female avatar this time around. I thought about this a lot, and I didn't really come to any decision, but for now I'm just winging it - kinda pretending to be a girl :crine: I haven't outright told anyone that, and hopefully I don't have to, but I'm playing up my avatar to seem just very friendly and chill. Maybe the female charm will get the boys talking to me.

Last night was pretty chill. As I said, I didn't expect to have to do that much talking, and those "nice-to-meet-you" conversations all feel samey and don't let me differentiate people much. So all that stuck out to me at first were my convos with Peter, Shane, and Moana.
Jacqui seems a little weird, fittingly for Jacqui. She talks in even longer message walls than I do, so I may actually grow to like her a lot, lol. But my first impression here is an oddball.
Zach and I just joked around in our DMs, LOL. I think he gets this game.
Shonee gives me strong-player-in-hiding vibes.
Talking to Phoebe and Lee was awesome!! They were the last 2 people I got to meet (with Benji still to go), and they both seemed mature yet fun.
Craig & Conner I'm not sure I have a read on yet. Both seem cool though.

So yeah, I guess I like all of my tribe, lol. If I had to vote right now, Shonee (and Jacqui, kinda) are the oddballs I'd let go for tribal welfare. But these are literally just first impressions.

Pia

• Loser
By Pia
Alright Conner is very cool and he said he likes me & Shane the most, so that could be a potentially tight threesome right here.

I guess I'd rank my first impressions in terms of people I like and wanna get close to as Peter > Shane > Phoebe > Conner > Lee > Zach > Jacqui > Craig > Moana > Shonee > Benji

Pia

• Loser
By Pia
Ahhh life is good playing as some ditzy female. I even have people from the other tribe sliding into my DMs (by mistake, so don't kill them). I ain't making up lies, I just choose different aspects of my life/routine to highlight as opposed to when I played as Robb. I'd be really curious to see how many of them suspect I'm a guy at this point, lol.

So impressions have been changing.
First of all, I'm super glad Benji showed up. He's been really cool to talk to, and it's easy to reel someone in when they're late to the party and you come up all like "hiiii I've been waiting for youuu". It's hilarious how I messaged him the second he logged in, I was just looking at who was online in the chat when his name suddenly appeared.
I will keep ranking people. I guess the best way to understand these is to look at it as my pecking order. It's based on my gut telling me which people I'd rather work with, and also my gut saying who should be taken care of sooner rather than later.
Jacqui > Benji > Phoebe > Peter > Shane > Conner > Lee > Zach > Craig > Moana > Shonee

Jacqui shot up in my rankings, and I think she and I will play this together for quite a while. Like I mentioned before, she talks in walls of text like I do, and I find it easier to work with people like that. I can manipulate them better, but also it is easier to build a more genuine relationship.
Benji actually hinted at worked together first, and he was the first person I talked to about targets. I mentioned Shonee & Moana to him & Jacqui.
Phoebe is just lovely to talk to and I think we'll get along really well. We haven't talked strategy yet, but I'll develop something with her.

So yeah, if I can subtly, and that's the keyword, make Moana or ideally Shonee happen tonight, I'll be a happy camper. Or we might not even go to tribal, which would be much better for my sleeping schedule.

Pia

• Loser