By Jonathan LaPaglia
Posts Custom Custom
Well the game has been flipped on its head.

1. How do you feel about the new members on your tribe now and who you are with from your original tribe?
2. With three new idols being up for grabs with pre-merge conditions, will that affect your strategy in how vote-outs happen?
3. Going from a large tribe of 12 to a small tribe of 7, how will your strategy change?
4. How are you feeling about your position in the new tribe and how do you think that will translate long-term?

Jonathan LaPaglia

• Host
  • Awards: Posts Custom Custom
By Rohan
1. How do you feel about the new members on your tribe now and who you are with from your original tribe?
I'm pretty thrilled to be with AK and Abbey. AK was probably the person I trusted the most, for better or worse, on Larrakai and Abbey was decently up there too. Not that I'd trust Abbey with my life but she was a big personality I could latch onto and she would appreciate the loyalty. I think as a three we could work together if the situation required it.
2. With three new idols being up for grabs with pre-merge conditions, will that affect your strategy in how vote-outs happen?
No idea. I don't think any of the ex-Larrakai have our idol, who knows about the ex-Djaru. I think I'm definitely going to go more ham on the password spamming for this one though.
3. Going from a large tribe of 12 to a small tribe of 7, how will your strategy change?
Same strategy. Whatever it takes to move on. I want to go into the merge without any large group obligations for maximum flexibility. In a group of 7, it's so easy for a 4-3 vote so you have to do everything in your power to ensure you're in those 4. If that means tossing AK or Abbey, then that's what it will entail. That doesn't mean I'm just gonna feed them to the wolves, though. Gotta make inroads with these Djaru.

How are you feeling about your position in the new tribe and how do you think that will translate long-term?
Big Conner fan, obviously. I'll do whatever it takes to put in work with him since he's clearly well connected (#2 vote in the challenge) and aligning with him would probably ensure my safety until the next phase of the game. I brought my weird sense of humor that works with a ton of people to Shonee and she didn't really vibe with it so that bridge may be burned lol. Phoebe seems pretty pissed about Djaru voting her #9 and telling her she wasn't online enough or whatever so that's a crack I can exploit. Pia is actually my second favorite Djaru at the moment aside from Conner.

Still too far away from a merge (or another swap) to focus on long term. Just align my votes in a way that I am safe for the time being.

Rohan

• Warungu Tribe

Warungu Tribe
  • Awards: Posts
By Rohan
dunk thoughts:

if you told me two years ago that i'd be on a tribe with andrea and i'd do something to offend her...
i'd probably believe you

spot seems to be prime right now. in with conner, who is closest with shonee it seems. phoebe is totally down to flip on her old tribe given old circumstances unless she's completely playing me which all signs indicate she's not. conner is also just so outwardly threatening so he's going to be an amazing shield down the line. even phoebe is onto him.

penis

Rohan

• Warungu Tribe

Warungu Tribe
By Rohan
also, i think i need to be seen online less. casey is actively trying not to seem active and conner was called out for being online 24/7 by phoebe.

Rohan

• Warungu Tribe

Warungu Tribe
By Rohan
Rohan wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:09:22 pm My success on this tribe will be dictated by how I balance Conner and phoebe
this is 100% still true. phoebe seems more than happy to join AK and I...if we did Larrakai + Phoebe we could absolutely seize control of the tribe and not have to worry. At the same time, Conner wants to keep Pia for challenge strength and vote out Abbey since she hasn't been online as much. That would be putting a ton of trust in a new alliance of Conner / whatever alliance we would make. Which....this sounds like literally my exact situation in Indonesia premerge that nearly got me voted out. But idk I'll have to make a gut call on this and talk to AK.

Which...AK is great. But everyone thinks he's great. And I've gotten to hear his strategy first hand. Dude is gonna have to go at some point.

Rohan

• Warungu Tribe

Warungu Tribe
By Rohan
last confessional before our inevitable tribal

it seems like Abbey is the consensus vote. she hasnt talked to the djaru nearly as much as ak and i have, so that's who they want out. conner definitely drove this vote. i know i said at the beginning i'd have zero problems cutting abbey's throat but i just didn't think it'd come this early lol but thus is a tribe swap.

conner and i have developed a lot of trust (as much as you can without a vote...) and im trusting him a lot here not to fuck me after this vote. in the periphery, ive bonded pretty well with phoebe here so the goal would be to establish Phoebe/AK/Rohan as a trio and force Conner's hand next vote. the optics would just be terrible if we booted phoebe next and had to bank on conner choosing me and ak over shonee/pia who he's with since day 1...

phoebe is fascinating btw. like, she's clearly on the outs of the old tribe unless they are completely fucking with me. shonee/pia/conner literally never talk about her like they do each other. and she's very upfront with feeling left out. yet it seems like she has a VERY good pulse on the old djaru. and she's smart. how would someone on the outs have such a good pulse? there's something missing here

in any case, i think it's going to be a boring abbey vote tonight unless they are going 10000% on buttering me up to vote me out without an idol , which if so, props, even though i dont think ive really done anything to deserve it. i feel like ive played an outwardly medium threatening game so far which is nothing to try to take out so early

Rohan

• Warungu Tribe

Warungu Tribe
By Rohan
the last thing that i missed there was that phoebe was very much interested in joing me/ak/abbey in voting out pia or shonee. she thought it would be our way to ensure power on this tribe. and i see it. but also that destroys literally any good will i had with conner and whoever else was left and i probably cant work with them going forward. this vote is riskier in the short term but could have a bigger long term (at least pre merge) payoff

Rohan

• Warungu Tribe

Warungu Tribe