By Jonathan LaPaglia
Posts Custom Custom
This is Jacqui's Final Tribal Council Thread.

All other Jurors should remain in their own threads. Final 2, remember... this is not for you to address each other, but to talk to Jacqui. In-fighting amongst the Final 2 should take place in the main Final Tribal Council thread stickied at the top of the forum.

Jacqui, you have until Tomorrow at 5c/6e to post your statements/questions to the Final 2. Remember not to take up too much of their time as they have 9 other jurors to get to. Please, no listing or questions requiring novels for answers. You should post all of your statements/questions in your opening post in this thread.

When you are ready, you may leave your final vote along with confessional in your Voting Thread at the top of the confessional. You can change it any time before 8c/9e tomorrow. That is when they are due.

Jonathan LaPaglia

• Host
  • Awards: Posts Custom Custom
By Jacqui
Congrats you 2! Nicely done. Great mix of challenge strength, strategy and relationship building.

My question is simple. How important do you think jury management is. And do you think you were effective at this?

Jacqui

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts
By Benji
I think jury management is super important, especially in a game where everyone is this invested. I think I did alright at jury management. I definitely have more enemies than Ro on the jury, but it's easy to not make enemies when you've only had a truly active hand in getting out two people (Mo & Lee), whereas I was very directly involved in getting out Fan, AK, Shane, Monika, Brooke, Zach, and yourself, not to mention having to go against Phoebe at tribal to convince people as to why I should stay. I got more blood on my hands in the end because I had a more active role in deciding and executing who went home. I think the fact that not all of the jury openly hates me despite me getting most of you on here is a testament to the social game that I did end up playing.
Jacqui liked this

Benji

• Warungu Tribe

Warungu Tribe
By Rohan
I'm always cautious of using the term "jury management" because I think it implies that you can get more votes by kissing more ass or something. Or at least maybe that's what "Survivor" the TV show pushes.

I like to think in terms of -what kind of game can I play that the jury will respect at the end? I think there are three main components to a successful strategy:
1) Treat people as people and engage/shoot the shit on a personal level. At the end of the day the jury is voting for a person, not a set of moves
2) Awareness. Awareness of...who can I beat at the end, what's the logical path to that end, and can I own that path? And can I do it in a way that the others know this? Even in winning games this can cost the winner some votes...jurors (including myself in a past life) can be bitter over being booted prior to when was optimal and that the finalist was lucky
3) Just not being a dick when voting people out. That includes not making tons of deals and burning them, as well as not pulling a Tyson @ Katie in Blood v Water.

Evaluating myself using these three points...to point 1) I think I largely did really well. I clearly got to know a lot of people well. There were some people who I could have gotten to know a little better such as you. It was just tougher because I think I spent less time with you than any juror and we only voted together like one or two times. But like also fuck Duke.

2) was I think the strongest part of my game...not that knowing to take Benji is some stroke of genius only I could come up with. He was the answer to the challenge after all. My idol play was a big part of this too...I noted that there was no chance I could let Shane/Zach/Moana all get to F6 and I had to take matters into my own hands. I recognized that Monika and I had to convince Lee/Benji that the best move at F6 was to go after Shane/Zach...when that probably wasn't the optimal move for them. I should have been gone then, I think.

3) I think I did decent of shutting my mouth but I did give Phoebe a little go fuck yourself on her way out. Who knows how that played out but sometimes you can't resist and let your personality take over. I didn't cut anyone unnecessarily.

Hopefully that answers your question!
Jacqui liked this

Rohan

• Warungu Tribe

Warungu Tribe