By Jonathan LaPaglia
Custom Custom Posts
This is Moana's Final Tribal Council Thread.

All other Jurors should remain in their own threads. Final 2, remember... this is not for you to address each other, but to talk to Moana. In-fighting amongst the Final 2 should take place in the main Final Tribal Council thread stickied at the top of the forum.

Moana, you have until Tomorrow at 5c/6e to post your statements/questions to the Final 2. Remember not to take up too much of their time as they have 9 other jurors to get to. Please, no listing or questions requiring novels for answers. You should post all of your statements/questions in your opening post in this thread.

When you are ready, you may leave your final vote along with confessional in your Voting Thread at the top of the confessional. You can change it any time before 8c/9e tomorrow. That is when they are due.

Jonathan LaPaglia

• Host
  • Awards: Custom Custom Posts
By Moana
Hey guys! Great game from the both of you! You were two of my favorite people to talk to in this game and I am not shocked that you two are here even in the slightest, well earned my good pals.

Benji- A lot of people on the jury believe you are somewhat of a goat. They seem to not realize you were on this message board for hours a day, and that you put in really strong social work with both Me and Lee, and were able to avoid the wrath of Shane for a majority of this game. But I can't help but notice, they are kinda right about some aspects of your game being weak. So I want to give you a chance here tonight to admit a flaw in your game. I want you not to try and prove you aren't a goat. Instead, I want you to tell us one aspect of your game that was bad and what you wish you had done differently. No excuses, just own up to a bad thing

Rohan- I think you played a flawless UTR game. You didn't stick your neck out when you didn't have to. You made flashy moves at the end with idoling me out, giving a fire making opportunity to zach, and winning the final immunity to decide your won fate. My issue is one of dedication. I know you had a busy work schedule, and I think all of us can understand having a life outside this game. But I can't help but feel that you were kind of forced to play an UTR game due to being busy for most of the game. I have a hard time believing that it was a conscious game move to only be on for an hour a day for about the entire latter half of the merge. But I'm not going to have you apologize for working or having a life, that is unreasonable. My question to you is; if you had an extra two hours a day of free time specifically for playing this game, how would you spend the time? And if you had that extra time, and had been more present, do you still think you would have made the finals?

Thank you both and I am happy to read both of your answers, also thank you both for not boring me with a 10 page speech, I feel that both of your games speak for themselves, and I will gain much more from the questioning aspect.

Moana

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts
By Benji
I think the biggest flaw in my game was that I didn't get to know people on a very personal level once the merge started. My brain switched over into full game mode so I spent less time asking people about their personal lives and getting to know them better. I definitely think, were I to go back, I would make it more of a priority to socialize and build stronger relationships with people. I think a reason that a lot of people consider me a goat and Rohan as UTR is because he was more personable and easy to talk to, while I definitely was always too ready to talk game, so I think that definitely hurt my game. I became part of the game and less of a player in it to people.
Phoebe, Moana liked this

Benji

• Warungu Tribe

Warungu Tribe
By Rohan
Thanks Mo for the praise.

I think you mean former, not latter, you illiterate fuck :crine:

Yeah the first part of the merge sucked for me timing wise, I was on the west coast for a business trip that ate up a ton of time during the day / in the run up to tribal. I pretended I had diarrhea at a few company meals to prevote / sync with people.

I did actually spend quite a bit of time online then (more than an hour a day)...just more sparse. My best continuous time during that week was at night pacific time...which incidentally when the nocturnal Shane was still up. Shane and I talked for *hours* during that week and I think overall I probably messaged with her more than anyone else out here. Although I'm sure I'm not the only one.

What would I have done with more time...honestly the two main things would be 1) continuing to fuck around and shoot the shit with people, believe me I wanted to be on here to have fun more than suck dick for a deal and 2) be more active in the runups to tribal. Not in changing my strategy, but I'd say one slip-up or slippery slope I had was that...because I was less active around then there were a couple of people (not you) who thought I wouldn't be down to vote Brooke or talk game about it, such as Lee. They probably just saw me vote with Brooke a ton since the beginning of the game (which was true) and even though I had told them I wanted to work with them long-term (and did, actually) and voted with them repeatedly it took until the Brooke vote for them to know I was serious. Luckily it didn't really end up being a big deal but it could have been. Thanks for filling me in on that vote by the way.

I wouldn't have changed my strategy at all, though. I've experimented with different play styles throughout the years and being aggressive at the beginning of the merge has just always bitten me in the ass. It happened to coincide with my trip but my approach wouldn't have changed, regardless of me being able to log normal hours.
Shane, Moana, Phoebe liked this

Rohan

• Warungu Tribe

Warungu Tribe