By Jonathan LaPaglia
Custom Custom Posts
Welcome, Final 2.

Benji and Rohan, you have come as far as you can on your own in this game. The power now shifts from the two of you to the ten members of the jury you had a hand in voting out.

When you're ready, please post your opening statements to the jury. Over the next 24 hours, they will be asking you questions or posting statements in their threads. You have until 8c/9e tomorrow to address them, as that is when the vote is final and the winner will be revealed.

If you would like to address the other member of the final two's answers, you should do so in this thread.

Good luck.

Jonathan LaPaglia

• Host
  • Awards: Custom Custom Posts
By Benji
Hello All, and Good Evening,

I think to best understand my game it's important to look at how I started it. I got my email a day late, so I started my game on Day 2. By this time I'd already been labeled an easy first out, and Shane, Zach, & Moana had already formed an alliance that would bring them all to the Final 7. I was playing catch-up from the start.

Now, my two lies in this game: Firstly, I didn't major in English, I majored in Psychology, with a focus on social influence. I minored in English and Sociology. I knew this would make me seem like a threat so I opted for the least threatening of my knowledge areas.
Secondly, I told people this was my first time playing an ORG. I've played two Survivor ORGs twice before and scored 10th and 4th place. I wanted to come off as someone who needed help in this game and mentoring, so I played the role of the novice trying to understand what was going on in order to make myself less of a threat. Everything else about my personal life is true.

From my past experience, I knew that in order to win this game I knew I needed to build genuine relationships with people who were willing to play the game, but also people that would overshadow me in the beginning, so they'd take all the heat. From the get-go I noticed Pia was playing hard and would be willing to make moves, so I aligned with her, adding Jacqui and Peter to the group soon after. I also aligned with Mo right before the first tribe swap, seeing her as a bigger personality in this game. After the first tribe swap, I was quick to work with Brooke, another big personality in this game. By working with these bigger personalities I could get who I wanted out without taking much heat for it. Later in the game, I had to give myself more of a presence at tribals in order to show that I was indeed a player in this game and not some pawn.

The Pia vote was my first big move. I pretended to be hesitant to vote her off, giving weak arguments for the alternatives to strengthen Brooke's resolve to get her out. My former alliance with Pia led her to reveal exactly how everyone in her tribe was voting, and that she thought Shonee and Conner had an idol between them. Unsure of who, I convinced them both that they were in trouble in the hopes that one would use an idol on themselves or the other, unaware that they both had idols and both played it on themselves.

Throughout this game I've been able to make moves like this discreetly. Every vote (aside from Phoebe & Mo's votes) has gone my way, which is incredible when you consider that I've received votes at the majority of the early tribals. My name's come up more than my Rohan's. In this game I've had to be scrappy, resourceful, and flexible. I've worked with people who have wanted me out such as Monika, Shane, and Jacqui. In fact, aside from Monika, I've had direct alliances with everyone on the jury at one point or another. I couldn't always just move forward with the same people I had always been working with if it wouldn't benefit my game. I've voted out more alliance members than anyone in this game, because at the end of the day I had the most alliances and I was always willing to do what it took to make it to the next vote.

You should vote for me tonight because I've played the hardest of the two of us. I've made moves throughout this game consistently, I've won the most challenges, and I've managed relationships and alliances so that I could move forward with the best odds.

Thank You All for a great season.
Moana, Zach liked this

Benji

• Warungu Tribe

Warungu Tribe
  • Awards: Posts
By Rohan
Ladies and gentlemen of this "supposed" jury - I'll keep this short since in my experience as a juror...I just didn't care enough to read any long jury statements.

I had three strategies for the game:
1) You don't have to be the most loved person out here, but you do have to be the person everyone is willing to work with on a given vote
2) Be willing to cut anyone at any time
3) Fuck around a lot and have some fun

Ultimately, I went more tribals than anyone here, swapped into minorities twice, lost my closest ally at F12, and still only received votes at one tribal and voted in the majority practically every council. I identified my path to the win and executed it. I got to know you all very well...as evidence of nailing the voted out player challenge.

This was an incredibly cunty and fun season and I'm honored to have been a part of it. Hopefully my game speaks for itself at this point and you can use the threads to rag on me or Benji (seriously, bring it to me and I'll dish it back you salty fucks).
Brooke, Phoebe, Moana and 2 others liked this

Rohan

• Warungu Tribe

Warungu Tribe
By AK
Well put! You don't have to beg and plead and justify shit like the cunty bitch you sitting next to did in his opening statement. You just showed your true strength right here. Good show, old bean. And thanks for being a good friend in the game and not stooping like a couple of these stooges.

AK

• Jury
By Benji
AK wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:11:12 pm Well put! You don't have to beg and plead and justify shit like the cunty bitch you sitting next to did in his opening statement. You just showed your true strength right here. Good show, old bean. And thanks for being a good friend in the game and not stooping like a couple of these stooges.
Lol, how did I "stoop"? I was the only person to align with you aside from Ro and we all voted you out unanimously. Provide me with some evidence here, bud.
Brooke liked this

Benji

• Warungu Tribe

Warungu Tribe
By AK
The only reason you had a chance to take a shot at me was because I suggested Brooke. Otherwise, you were seriously fucked. I made a mistake, but you are a mistake.
Brooke liked this

AK

• Jury
By AK
"bud" ... wait, no that's not it... "bitch" is more suiting for something like you.

AK

• Jury
By AK
And you are insane if you think people liked you more than me. I had to go because I was irrational and likable. You stayed because you were a little cunt nugget who thinks his education is what makes him a man. Sorry, bitch, but people enjoyed me more than you - promise that - even if they knew I was a liability... you are a goat in the game in probably the same way you are a goat in life. Little incel piece of nothing = Benji

AK

• Jury
By Benji
Just say "no, i have no evidence in this game to support my accusations" and move on lol

Benji

• Warungu Tribe

Warungu Tribe
By Zach
You know you're iconic when you've pissed someone off to the point they stay up past 2am so they can make memes about you
Phoebe, Benji liked this

Zach

• Jury
By AK
Perfect timing Zach. You def would have inspired my indifference where you to slither to the end. I will give it to Benji for being a rare kind of cunt to get me to root for my buddy emphatically for, and not just your run of the mill variety. Funny you are doing so little for your Krang.

I will wait til tomorrow to post the rest since Zach needs his ugly sleep.

AK

• Jury
By AK
Fair, I will just call Zach a fat faggot like he was able to call me, here in this main thread, since that's okay apparently.
Zach liked this

AK

• Jury