By Brooke
Well. I'll say this. By the challenge rules, we beat both tribes. Which is when the thread got started for the challenge.

If we wanna go by the rules of, the challenge started once you posted your first PASS. We still beat Tulua.

Larrakai has no business redoing a challenge or going to tribal.

Brooke

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts
By Shonee
Brooke wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:57:19 pm Well. I'll say this. By the challenge rules, we beat both tribes. Which is when the thread got started for the challenge.

If we wanna go by the rules of, the challenge started once you posted your first PASS. We still beat Tulua.

Larrakai has no business redoing a challenge or going to tribal.
The rules do not say that it starts on the first pass.
Brooke liked this

Shonee

• Loser
By Brooke
Jacqui wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:31:26 pm Well we had to do the challenge before we could wait for an answer. So when it says it starts with "pass" that is what we did.
Not that I want to side with Shonee, because trust me that's the last thing I want in this game. But the rules says the time starts when you start the challenge thread with your first pass. It doesn't say, the time starts after you post your first pass.

Brooke

• Jury
By Jacqui
Brooke wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:23:29 pm
Jacqui wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:31:26 pm Well we had to do the challenge before we could wait for an answer. So when it says it starts with "pass" that is what we did.
Not that I want to side with Shonee, because trust me that's the last thing I want in this game. But the rules says the time starts when you start the challenge thread with your first pass. It doesn't say, the time starts after you post your first pass.
Oh I hear ya. I did ask for clarification. That could have been one of those instances where a sentence was started being typed and it was when you start the challenge with your first pass. ~~ interrupted train of thought ~~ Or when you start the thread with your first pass. Like there is ambiguity there or you wouldn't have asked and neither would have Blue.
Seeing as how Challenge 5 was ruled, though, that you could start a thread before you started with "1" we only had that precedent to go by.

And just as Jonathan says you do not have to live at the board, we understand he does not either. But when you have 1/3 of your team saying they cannot be live after a certain time and literally about a 1 hour window to have 3 people online and NOT on mobile you have to do the challenge when you can and unfortunately cannot wait for hosts.

We went by a precedent.

I also totally respect your point of view and Shonee's on this. Valid points have been made by all.
Monika liked this

Jacqui

• Jury
By Flick
Just to be clear again the rules say the time starts when you start your thread with your first pass. If we did a thread, didn't post in it after the entry hello and then created another new thread 20 mins later with a pass posted, would Jon count that 2nd thread?

We've also probably all last challenge either created a separate thread for posting the image, did it in our episode 7 confessional or did both.

The key to the phrase is with your first pass, if the pass does not exist the time does not start. Like if it was the other way around I would understand this. Had Jon never initially said 7 then changed it nobody would say anything even after the game

But again It says the challenges starts when you create your thread with your first pass

It does not say the challenge starts as soon as you create a thread.
Zach liked this

Flick

• Loser
By Flick
Also to give examples if somebody on Big Brother steps out reads the challenges rules which says the time starts when you hit your button, then can run wildly all over the place or sit there. Until they hit that button or post their pass the time does not start

Flick

• Loser
By Shonee
Flick wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:43:01 pm Also to give examples if somebody on Big Brother steps out reads the challenges rules which says the time starts when you hit your button, then can run wildly all over the place or sit there. Until they hit that button or post their pass the time does not start
Your time begins when you start the challenge thread with your first "pass".

key words being when you start the challenge thread

Shonee

• Loser
By Flick
Just saying this whole game always begins and ends when you post the qualifying image, it's been that way. Why is this challenge different

If I'm asked to do a challenge and create a thread with the image posted, my time doesnt stop just because I made the thread. The image is what is important

If we are playing by the rule of when a thread is started then in the future we can must create threads second after we start a challenge and our time will be when we create that thread then. So 2 seconds for everyone

It's always been when an image is posted ends time as it is when it starts time

Flick

• Loser
By Flick
Shonee wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:45:56 pm
Flick wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:43:01 pm Also to give examples if somebody on Big Brother steps out reads the challenges rules which says the time starts when you hit your button, then can run wildly all over the place or sit there. Until they hit that button or post their pass the time does not start
Your time begins when you start the challenge thread with your first "pass".

key words being when you start the challenge thread
Key word WITH YOUR FIRST PASS

Flick

• Loser
By Flick
It doesnt say when you start your challenge thread again. It says when you do it with your first pass. If two people create threads at the same time but people finish in one and not the other does that mean it's a DQ?

Flick

• Loser
By Shonee
What is flick even talking about?
This whole time it's been when you respond to a thread or you start thread? I was even told for challenge 5 time starts when we made our thread.

Shonee

• Loser