--15th Place - Idoled Out 3 - 0
By Jonathan LaPaglia
Custom Custom Posts
I.. have no words... where do I begin.

1. What did you make of the cross-tribal dynamics that occurred?
2. What did you learn about the other tribe?
3. Did you learn anything new about your tribemates?
4. What do you think about the idols being played?
5. Pia leaving, good for your game?
6. Recap what happened cuz it was a lot.

Jonathan LaPaglia

• Host
  • Awards: Custom Custom Posts
By Conner
lol I didn't see this last night and answered some of it in my episode 5 confessional. WOOF WHAT A NIGHT JOHNATHAN.

1/2-I honestly wasn't too surprised by the dynamics of tribal. The Larakkai 2.0 people were pretty tight lipped which i expected from a group that had numbers to do whatever they'd like. Jennah Louise was the most civil of the original larrakai on that tribe and at least made an effort to make it look like they wanted to make a decision together :rofl: Brooke is NUTS, and there's really not much more to say. She threw out my name, Shonee, AK, and Pia all in the span of 5 minutes. I wasn't prepared for that kind of chaos. And honestly don't get me started on Luke and Fanella who did't even bother to show up. That kind of shit pisses me off to no end.

As far as the old Djaru who I was able to talk to, I'm a little nervous by how skittish they were to play ball with us. If they had any intention of working with me in the future, I think we could have gotten our way tonight. But I also understand that Moana wanted Pia out for other reasons which is probably why getting them on board for Fanella didn't work. Idk. That whole tribal just confirms for me that I'm pretty much screwed if the other members of Tulua decide to run off come swap.

3-Well, Shonee is crazy. I love her to death but honestly I think I hitched my wagon to a truck that's going 150 mph down the highway and is headed for a big turn :hot: Phoebe got spooked really quickly while shonee was scrambling and decided to just be quiet (or at least thats what she told me she was doing) which doesn't give me much faith that she'll push for our shared interests. It seems more like she's going to try and make it by on likability until the merge. AK said he threw a rouge vote onto pia but I highly doubt it was rouge. He's not that stupid.

Finally theres Rohan. I think tonight went down exactly how Rohan wanted it to, and that makes me nervous. The way he's been questioning me the past few days made it clear to me that he knew I had the pre-merge idol, and I believe his ultimate goal was to flush the idols and get pia out despite saying he wanted to be Tulua strong. Looking back on his times from yesterday I'm more and more convinced that he threw the challenge in order to make sure it happened. Fuck that, honestly.

4-I wrote about this last night but I'm not thrilled about using my idol. However, I had heard my name from multiple people and whether that was a play by Rohan to flush the idol or not, I'm glad that I just ensured my safety for the round. Honestly I feel like it could make me a little less threatening to my tribemates, or it could make them see me as someone who is here to play and now they have a chance to take a shot. I could see both scenarios happening. It's stressing me out a bit.

5-Pia leaving isn't inherently bad for my game. The way pia went out was bad though. Obviously she was a wild card and was willing to flip on us at a moments notice, so getting someone like that out of the game is helpful. However, losing her when we had the opportunity to take out someone from Larrakai 2.0 is devastating. I just don't understand what her rationale was for targeting shonee? Because she had an idol? I'm sorry but that isn't a reason to target one of your own tribemates at a tribal council where 2 people didn't bother to scramble.

6-I think I covered most of it. I think if I make a swap I'm going to need to just kowtow to whichever Djaru people are in power. I'm REALLY hoping I can reconnect with Jacqui Shane Zach and potentially even Peter. I feel like for the first week I burrowed myself deeply into Djaru and since then I've been getting pulled closer and closer to the surface to be targeted. In this tribe of 5 I'd love to think that I'm still safe from being targeted, but there really isn't a clear target moving forward. If I don't play my cards right, I think that could be trouble for me.

FINALLY: This has already been one of the most draining games I've played :crine: :crine: :crine: I can only imagine how much more intense things are going to get moving forward. Hopefully I'm still around to be a part of it

Conner

• Loser
  • Awards: Posts
By Conner
Tonight is going to get even messier. Fml.

AK and Phoebe seem to think that our time on this challenge is terrible, which means there's a high likelihood that we'll wind up back at tribal. here are the plans I've heard s far:

Phoebe: Wants to stick with Rohan, AK is ideal target but if Rohan isn't on board then she wants shonee
AK: Wants to target Shonee or Phoebe, thinks that going into the swap with 2 pairs makes the most sense (and of course it does, when you're in a pair up against a 3some)

I think my best move here is to target AK. The problem is, I get the feeling that Phoebe is going to wind up pushing for Shonee when Rohan starts to strong-arm people closer to tribal. Now, Shonee leaving would be bad for my game because I'm losing the one person I've been working with the entire time. However, it's becoming clear shes a bit of a liability, and we're seen as a pair by everyone in the game. I think losing her could free me up a bit.

However, losing Shonee also means conceding more people to Rohan/AK than I'm comfortable with. Heading into a swap, I want to give myself the best possible chance of surviving to the merge, and I think that my best shot is to keep someone who I know has my back. Shonee strikes me as someone who will drop me the second she needs to, but she's also smart enough to know that she needs me as much as I need her right now

this is going to be tough. wish me luck

Conner

• Loser
By Conner
I'd also like to add that while Rohan is a viable target here, I know neither AK or Phoebe will target him tonight, so it's hardly worth the push to get him out right now.

My guess is Shonee pushes for AK when she logs on, but if she surprises me and pushes for Rohan, then I think tonight is going to end in fireworks

Conner

• Loser
By Conner
two quick things.

First. I don't really care if we win/lose the challenge, but I just want it noted somewhere that it's annoying when the rules aren't consistent between tribes, and then tribal is called off, and then it gets called back on. I can only take so many heart palpitations before I keel over from cardiac stress. That being said, Shonee was correct. If we judged by the rules that Larrakai and Tulua played by (which were confirmed by the hosts), Djaru lost the challenge. I want it to be clear when she reads these that I agree with her, but it isn't our call and that's that.

Phoebe has decided to vote shonee which means its going to either be 3-2 on shonee if i decide to do a pity vote, or 4-1 if I decide to turn my back on shonee. I have a feeling that voting her out at least gives me a chance to stick with Rohan and AK and Phoebe a bit longer, although I worry that I'll be the one that goes if we lose tomorrow.

Basically I'm fucked. Either they're all lying to me right now and I'm about to go home, or I send home my closest ally at a tribal we weren't supposed to be at and basically make myself next in the pecking order.

Conner

• Loser
By Conner
Well, with this new challenge I'm REALLY hoping we can pull out a win so I can make it to the weekend unscathed. However, it's comforting to know that if we lose there's at least a plan in place from last night. If I have to go through with this plan to cut Shonee, I think it weakens me a lot. This is a double edged sword. On one hand, without Shonee I probably look like a free agent and a hell of a lot less threatening.On the other, the players in this game are too smart to think that I'm not still a threat in my own right. They know I have good relationships with my old tribe from that ranking challenge, and I'm sure I won't be safe in a swap without a strong ally or two from this tribe.

I really need to work on Phoebe, and I want to be able to go all in on Rohan and AK but it's hard to do that while Shonee is still around. If we make a solid bond tonight with another vote where we all stick together, then I think it could work.

Also worth noting that Rohan and Phoebe have voted with me both tribals so far, and Shonee and AK once each.

Conner

• Loser