--8th Place-- 1-1 Vote
By Jonathan LaPaglia
Custom Posts Custom
Another day, another buff.

1. What do you think of your new tribemates?
2. Have you reconnected with old tribemates and even older tribemates?
3. Do you think old tribal lines will come into play (both original tribes and 3 tribes)?
4. Are you playing this as a new start with new opportunities or continuing your gameplan?

Jonathan LaPaglia

• Host
  • Awards: Custom Posts Custom
By Phoebe
1. What do you think of your new tribemates?
I am nervous but excited about these new tribemates. So, I am still with Conner which is awesome because I know he wants me around and trusts me a ton. I know that AK is potentially going to join this tribe if we lose the first challenge, he is someone else that wants me around & is an ally here. Brooke, Fanella, Luke are three people that were apart of the Pia vote off. Luke wasn't online at all that night, so this is the first time I am getting to know him. He is very funny & fun to talk with about video games. Fanella was not on chat that night, but very nice so far as well. She is a counselor at a school which is pretty cool. Lastly, Brooke, the one who was around a ton during the Pia vote. I immediately told her "I did it!" To shonee's exit. I am acting like I am 100% with Brooke. We are bonding great, I am acting like I would vote out Conner whenever she is ready. I told her I was close with AK and Rohan(her old tribemates) in order to let her know, I am here to make moves & am not tied down based on my OG tribe. I think this is going to help me avoid the target on this tribe.

AK is also putting in a great word for myself and conner, sounds like Brooke is wanting Zach to go first on this tribe.

Brooke has Luke & Fanella, it seems, in her back pocket for anything she wants to do.

The major new person is Monika, who is great. Peter told me that her/Zach voted each other at a previous tribal council. I think we have some drama at play between them which is going to be interesting to watch. She hasn't talked any game with me yet, but I think her spot on this tribe is going to be interesting to watch. I am trying to remain social with her, Luke, Fanella, Brooke all. They will hopefully want Conner/Peter/Zach out of this tribe instead of me if the time comes where we are at tribal councils. I am looking to survive this tribe more then anything. I need to be on the right side of the numbers to succeed here. :heart:

2. Have you reconnected with old tribemates and even older tribemates?
Yes! I am still tight with Conner like I said above. Also AK if he ends up joining this team.
Zach and Peter want to stick with myself & Conner if we ever go to a tribal council. The thought here is that we could make it a 4-4 tie on someone, in hopes they wouldn't deadlock it. Now, Zach is the name I am hearing so far from Brooke(AK is also aware of it). I know it is because Brooke isn't going to want her Fanella/Luke to go, likely also using Monika as a safety blanket. I think Zach going wouldn't be the end of the world for me, I think Peter may be the next easy target afterwards which keeps Phoebe safe. It also helps me bond closer to Brooke. I could use Brooke as a shield for awhile until she needs to be cut.

My other thought is that Zach told me he was bonded now with Jacqui & Shane from the OG tribe and his swapped tribe. I did not like those two, because I know they ranked me low. They also had an alliance without me on that tribe to some degree. Therefore, I know they need to go eventually and if Zach is one of their allies then it isn't good for me.

Peter kind of confirmed a bit of my thought: a big alliance was formed without us, the talk was always about myself leaving after Craig. I won't stop fighting to change that & survive. I think that means taking people like Shane/Jacqui/Zach out of the game. I do not want to go back into tribes with them again where I would become that "easy" vote for them. Brooke seems to want them out right now too, so she ends up being that good ally compared to Zach. Peter is someone I trust, but not sure how it is going to work for him on this tribe. I do not know how well he has bonded with Brooke yet and I think that is the big staple of survival here. She is queen B for a reason. :loveeyes:

3. Do you think old tribal lines will come into play (both original tribes and 3 tribes)?
I think initially, yes. I think the first vote is potentially Zach for the reason of him being from the other OG tribe as Brooke. It gives her the secure numbers, but then when she has those the game changes. I think the game would end up changing for her to start making any move that benefits her & her group of allies. I think she sees me as an ally for her, a lost puppy that the other OG tribe didn't want. Therefore, I am one with her and her posse. I don't think I am going anywhere if Brooke trusts me, I think she does right now. She can talk with AK, who also can confirm that I was with him/Rohan as a trio on that tribe. I think I am in a good spot with Brooke even though my OG tribe is not in a good spot here.

Self preservation versus having control right now for me. I can give up my control a little bit to gain better control later in the game/later in this tribe. That is my thought. I guess we will see how it develops though from here.

4. Are you playing this as a new start with new opportunities or continuing your gameplan?

A bit of both. I think selfishly I will want to have Conner and Peter around. They will likely watch my back. However, they don't agree that Zach should go first. However, my ultimate gameplay was to break up that core group that ranked me #9. Shonee/Conner were top dogs, Jacqui/Shane were top dogs. Jacqui/Shane are friends with Zach. If I suddenly jump back with my OG tribe, I just end up as #9 or whatever number is the bottom at this point. I don't think it is the smart move for me. I think the smart move for me is to play with both tribes. It is to gain trust with Brooke, Luke, Fanella, maybe Monika. I need to venture into that territory like I was doing with Rohan/AK. I think it gives me the best way to actually play this game versus just being low on the totem pole with Jacqui/Shane eventually controlling everything with Zach. I want Zach out. :wink:

Phoebe

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts