By Jonathan LaPaglia
Custom Posts Custom
This is Shane's Final Tribal Council Thread.

All other Jurors should remain in their own threads. Final 2, remember... this is not for you to address each other, but to talk to Shane. In-fighting amongst the Final 2 should take place in the main Final Tribal Council thread stickied at the top of the forum.

Shane, you have until Tomorrow at 5c/6e to post your statements/questions to the Final 2. Remember not to take up too much of their time as they have 9 other jurors to get to. Please, no listing or questions requiring novels for answers. You should post all of your statements/questions in your opening post in this thread.

When you are ready, you may leave your final vote along with confessional in your Voting Thread at the top of the confessional. You can change it any time before 8c/9e tomorrow. That is when they are due.

Jonathan LaPaglia

• Host
  • Awards: Custom Posts Custom
By Shane
Let's Make This Have a Pretty Centered Title
Then Something Italicized

Welcome, my little dumplings! I'm that nice old bird that's a little senile and only has nice things to say about you both. Honestly, though, I really did enjoy the company of both especially because you were fucking exhausting mutant children who just wouldn't die. :heart:

Benji, you seem to have attracted an inordinate amount of hate for who you are. You aren't a particularly nasty person, but you elicited so much ire from people. Maybe that's your fault, but who could know. I found it entertaining to have you as my go to "who do you want to vote." It was like a thing we had. Honestly, you were really good at initiating conversations with me despite me being a horrible nasty hag-witch (TM) to you and that is certainly something that should not be overlooked. Hell, the Brooke blindside happened after a delightful moment of your coming to me and telling me you wanted her out! Regardless of who ordered the hit, you coming to me made me comfortable and set the ball in motion. Good on you!

Rohan you are a big slut and I love you for it. To be perfectly honest, by the end of my game, I legitimately couldn't even see you as a UTR player. To me, you were a fully formed douchebag. .. a lovable one, though! You're spunky and interesting and I never really ever wanted to write your name down because you made it seem as if I could always have an in with you. You even made me feel safer in the tribe. I had two of my closest allies in the majority in Moana and Zach and not knowing you as well, your words that you helped keep my name out of people's minds for a vote held as much weight as when the other two would say it. You exude a confidence in yourself that made you a powerful player even with your limited availability

Here's a gif of puppies to make my saccharine speech all the more unpalatable and to break up the parts of my speech.

Anyway... If you both want to, I'd love for you to answer a little questionnaire about each juror! Pretty please! Don't be a fuckin' wanker! :broken:

In these games, it's good to cater yourself to each individual player. How did you cater yourselves to each person here and if you really didn't get a chance to, what do you think would most incentivize a given juror to work with you or AT LEAST not against you.

I'm bad at questions, but try and figure it out. Before I wrote it out, I thought the idea was really fun. Now I'm kinda meh on it. BUT have FUN with it!

Get 'em tigers! :gun: :gun: :gun:

Shane

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts
By Benji
First of all, where was all this A+ formatting during the game? Had I seen this aesthetic structure you might have been spared my wrath. <3

In catering to different players, I tried to match what I was seeing in terms of content and attitude. I talked a lot about math and gameplay with Pia, dating with Brooke and Moana, I was more brazen when joking with Zach and Ro and AK, school with Monika and empathizing with her inhumanly long school days. I tried to relate to people how they seemed to want to relate to me. This definitely backfired a bit with players like Fan who was busy most of the time of our initial meeting, so we never really got past surface level stuff. But for the most part I was being polite and amicable, trying to play dumb and innocent until people came for me. I literally said nothing offensive to AK so idk what his issues are, but in general I tried to just be someone who people felt comfortable with talking to about anything.

In terms of gameplay I always tried to think of what I would do in the other person's position, what would be best for their game and how it coincided with mine. With the Brooke vote it became clear that she was a threat to almost everyone in a FTC setting. I also knew that a lot of people wanted to make a big move so as to add to their resume. So I approached it from the standpoint of "How would you like to make a big move?", using wording that presented it as their chance to choose to vote for Brooke. I always tried to frame a vote as something they could choose to do or not, while simultaneously presenting it as the best option of those given. So that way, for example, when they chose to vote for Pia over Shonee, they felt it had been their choice of two options, rather than what I had presented as the clear best option. This way I was never blamed for most of the votes in case they backfired. I also made sure to frame others as bigger threats or bigger goats than me so as to make sure people were willing to vote with me, at least for the time being. I tried to present myself as a lesser problem that could be dealt with later.
Moana, Brooke, Zach and 1 others liked this

Benji

• Warungu Tribe

Warungu Tribe
By Rohan
Shane wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:15:07 pm
Let's Make This Have a Pretty Centered Title
Then Something Italicized

Welcome, my little dumplings! I'm that nice old bird that's a little senile and only has nice things to say about you both. Honestly, though, I really did enjoy the company of both especially because you were fucking exhausting mutant children who just wouldn't die. :heart:

Benji, you seem to have attracted an inordinate amount of hate for who you are. You aren't a particularly nasty person, but you elicited so much ire from people. Maybe that's your fault, but who could know. I found it entertaining to have you as my go to "who do you want to vote." It was like a thing we had. Honestly, you were really good at initiating conversations with me despite me being a horrible nasty hag-witch (TM) to you and that is certainly something that should not be overlooked. Hell, the Brooke blindside happened after a delightful moment of your coming to me and telling me you wanted her out! Regardless of who ordered the hit, you coming to me made me comfortable and set the ball in motion. Good on you!

Rohan you are a big slut and I love you for it. To be perfectly honest, by the end of my game, I legitimately couldn't even see you as a UTR player. To me, you were a fully formed douchebag. .. a lovable one, though! You're spunky and interesting and I never really ever wanted to write your name down because you made it seem as if I could always have an in with you. You even made me feel safer in the tribe. I had two of my closest allies in the majority in Moana and Zach and not knowing you as well, your words that you helped keep my name out of people's minds for a vote held as much weight as when the other two would say it. You exude a confidence in yourself that made you a powerful player even with your limited availability

Here's a gif of puppies to make my saccharine speech all the more unpalatable and to break up the parts of my speech.

Anyway... If you both want to, I'd love for you to answer a little questionnaire about each juror! Pretty please! Don't be a fuckin' wanker! :broken:

In these games, it's good to cater yourself to each individual player. How did you cater yourselves to each person here and if you really didn't get a chance to, what do you think would most incentivize a given juror to work with you or AT LEAST not against you.

I'm bad at questions, but try and figure it out. Before I wrote it out, I thought the idea was really fun. Now I'm kinda meh on it. BUT have FUN with it!

Get 'em tigers! :gun: :gun: :gun:
Making me do a list question at the final tribal council? Get the fuck out of here you geriatric fuck :crine:

I mean I could go through and list all the boring shit that everyone does like "I matched language" or "I knew this person was in an alliance with this person so I said x" but rather than that I'll just give a couple of fun examples. My way or the highway and all that shit.

Monika and Phoebe - these two were the BIGGEST information sluts in the whole game. Almost anything told to them would find their way to someone else's ear (screen?). I knew if I needed to disseminate (lol) info to a large number of people without it tying back to me I could just leak it to them. Example - Brooke/Zach gunning for Phoebe early in the merge. Brooke asked me if I'd do it and I said maybe but I didn't think we had the votes. Zach asked Moana the same and I think she said the same. When I asked Brooke if anyone else was consulted she said no (lol). I needed to make it abundantly obvious Brooke and Zach were working together (which a fair number of people knew already) so I let Phoebe know what was going on and sure enough the whole tribe knew.

Zach was great to work with and someone I didn't want to vote out at all until late because despite the fact that I knew he had closer allies than me, he was the most logical person here. If you gave him an argument for why a move was logical for him you could count on him doing it even if he hated you. Example - us forcing the firemaking challenge at F4. Despite trying to vote each other out at the last two votes we were easily able to come together in a <10 min scramble there and establish trust for the vote. Not that I was the sole originator of the idea (we both thought of it independently)

AK and Moana - not that this is a unique attribute or anything but these two really valued loyalty based on what and how much information you brought to the table. I also knew that in general they were two that could shut their mouths on the crucial stuff when push came to shove. I had no problems feeding them (almost) everything I could and that loyalty paid off in a number of scenarios.

Brooke - lol Brooke went on a number of rampages that were quite Trumpian to me and she kept demanding that I pledge loyalty and all that jazz. I knew who I was playing with though and that was one instance where sucking dick really helped out even if at times it was a lie
Shane liked this

Rohan

• Warungu Tribe

Warungu Tribe
By Shane
Thanks fellas. You've sated my thirst for reading posts on a strange online forum and even answered some of my questions about the game at the same time! Don't choke!

Shane

• Jury