By Jonathan LaPaglia
Custom Custom Posts
This is Lee's Final Tribal Council Thread.

All other Jurors should remain in their own threads. Final 2, remember... this is not for you to address each other, but to talk to Lee. In-fighting amongst the Final 2 should take place in the main Final Tribal Council thread stickied at the top of the forum.

Lee, you have until Tomorrow at 5c/6e to post your statements/questions to the Final 2. Remember not to take up too much of their time as they have 9 other jurors to get to. Please, no listing or questions requiring novels for answers. You should post all of your statements/questions in your opening post in this thread.

When you are ready, you may leave your final vote along with confessional in your Voting Thread at the top of the confessional. You can change it any time before 8c/9e tomorrow. That is when they are due.

Jonathan LaPaglia

• Host
  • Awards: Custom Custom Posts
By Lee
hey boys! Congrats on getting here, it’s a huge accomplishment for sure.

Benji - you and I spent the entire game together, literally from start to just now... and I guess you’re still something of a mystery to me? I could never tell how you felt about things because your responses to basically anything I said were usually “for sure” or “perf.” at first it made me not trust you, but then after spending so long with you I realized that’s just how you are. I just still felt like I could never really get a good read on you. I want you to go back in your mind through our time together and tell me all of the times that you lied to me. Not white lies, I just mean the major ones. Did you not vote how you told me you were going to, did you pretend you were okay with something I wanted that you weren’t, was I toast tonight had you been 50 minutes quicker on that challenge?

Ro - I have sort of the opposite problem with you. Solid UTR game. Super effective. Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think I saw a vote for you all game? However, I feel like your entire game was always very surface level. I always knew who you were close to and what your plans were, despite not talking to you as much. The idol thing was not as big of a surprise to me as it was to some others, the f4 decision and f3 decisions also felt super obvious as well, so I guess I feel like your game lacked a little nuance and instead was just capitalizing on moments carved out for you in the game by others. Which obviously isn’t a bad thing, but I’d like to crack the surface with you a little more, so if you can, can you tell me one move you helped orchestrate that we don’t know about? Even if you weren’t the mastermind. Or what was one relationship you had that was significant that the rest of us weren’t aware of?

Thanks and good luck boys!
Brooke liked this

Lee

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts
By Rohan
Shane and Zach voted for me at F6. Don't you remember our killer split vote? But otherwise, yeah.

Curious as to know why you thought I had the merge idol, I didn't tell anyone about it. Aside from me and Monika being the two Larrakai left so at least one of us probably had one. Although the act of playing it...I mean, I consulted you about voting Mo in the scramble leading up. So that doesn't surprise me. I asked other people too but they were more reluctant.

I mean, I had a lot of other relationships / plans that weren't out in the open. One of the biggest reasons I attribute to my success in this game was that I constantly had to remind myself that there was no way I knew everything going on. I just didn't make any promises or deals that I knew I'd have to break unnecessarily.

Examples that you may or may not know from the jury thread:

-Did you know how tight Moana and I were game wise? I mean, obviously you two were as well, but we shared SO much going on. It really contributed to our group's success early merge. I had the Brooke/Monika side feeding me everything, Moana had a ton of insight on the other half of the merge tribe. We were able to compare notes and plan around it. Wanna know how I knew to vote for Brooke? Moana gave me plenty of heads up and we agreed I should continue to play dumb in the run-up to council to prevent people from realizing how much info we shared.
-Shane and I were extremely close (shocker, she was with everyone) but we talked for HOURS at night. Particularly when I was on the west coast. Just because of our positions in the game we were only able to work together for a couple of votes but it made those votes workable
-You find out about the attempted Phoebe hit? The night she actually went out, instead of majority on Monika we were going to throw Me/Zach/Shane/Moana/Monika on Phoebe and get her with the idol in her pocket, but then Monika went apeshit and told Phoebe to play her idol and drew the votes back onto herself. We were lucky enough *someone* was willing to throw out the spare vote which ended up sparing Benji but Phoebe was gonna go home that night regardless.
Lee liked this

Rohan

• Warungu Tribe

Warungu Tribe
By Benji
Lee, my dude, I honestly don't think I lied to you about anything major. Whenever we voted differently you knew about it and were ready to play up whatever side you needed to pretend to be with. I think my responses with you were so short bc I trusted you so much and I knew that I didn't really need to convince you of my ideas with long-winded speeches. Once I realized the Mo-Shane-Zach alliance you were my only true ally that I trusted wouldn't betray me until maybe F5. The only thing I was somewhat iffy about was going after Monika so soon into the merge. I felt we had other threats early in the merge, but I honestly didn't care too much since I figured she and the other threats were going to be gone eventually and the order didn't matter all that much. Oh, and I did vote Pia in that vote, as there was some rumor going around that you thought I hadn't. I only told Jacqui I hadn't bc I was still seeing if I could salvage our original alliance with Pia & Peter.

To be completely honest, when I thought it was a F3 I had planned to vote Mo and you out at F5 & F4 respectively since I knew you and I had played very similar games so I figured we'd be splitting votes against person #3. At about F6 or so when we did the math and realized it was a F2, I definitely wanted to bring you to the F2, so that wasn't a lie. I felt we both stood a solid chance against each other, and we had similar friends and enemies in the jury. I would've relied on my ability to explain my strategy to beat you.

That sounds really kiss-ass-esque, but that's the truth. You and I were just very in-sync this game.
Lee liked this

Benji

• Warungu Tribe

Warungu Tribe